Built on the same platform as our legendary casement window, 400 Series awning windows deliver the same performance and beauty. Their solid wood frames and sash provide strength, while the vinyl covering and weather-tight construction keep the window and your home protected from the elements. On the inside you have the choice of natural pine or a low-maintenance white, dark bronze or black* finish. For added style there is a wide range of grille, hardware and art glass options.
Colors & Additional Information
- Virtually maintenance-free
- Perma-Shield exteriors never need painting and won’t peel, blister, flake or corrode
- Frame exterior is protected by a tough vinyl cover that resists dents and repels water and provides long-lasting protection
- Available with Stormwatch protection for coastal areas
- Weather-resistant construction for greater comfort and energy efficiency
- Weatherstripping is designed to seal out drafts, wind and water
- Variety of Low-E glass options are available to help control heating and cooling costs in any climate
- Many 400 Series awning windows have options that makes them ENERGY STAR v. 6.0 certified throughout the U.S.
- Seven exterior color options
- Natural pine, white, dark bronze or black* interiors
- Extensive hardware selection
- Add style with grilles, exterior trim or patterned glass
ASK ABOUT COMPOSITE
THE SMART ALTERNATIVE TO VINYL
2X STRONGER THAN VINYL
We developed a material that is 2x as strong as vinyl, performs better when exposed to extreme temperatures and delivers exteriors that won’t fade, flake, blister or peel. We call it Fibrex material. It’s made up of reclaimed wood fiber and PVC polymer that is fused together and is unique to Andersen.
Explore Andersen products that feature composite below.
100 SERIES – A SERIES – RENEWAL BY ANDERSEN
What Is Fibrex Material?
- A blend of 40 percent wood fiber by weight, mostly reclaimed from Andersen manufacturing processes, with 60 percent thermoplastic polymer by weight, some of which is also reclaimed.
- Blocks thermal transfer nearly 700 times better than aluminum to help reduce heating and cooling bills.
- Reduces VOC emissions because no wood preservative treatments or painting is required.
- Twice as strong as vinyl, so weathertight seals stay weathertight.
- Retains its stability and rigidity in all climates.
- A unique fabrication process blends the color with the Fibrex material during production for long-lasting beauty.
- Resists rot, decay and fungal growth, and won’t flake, blister, peel, pit or corrode*
- *See individual product warranties for more information.